The rise of CBD usage has grown significantly in the last five years and will continue to grow as more people discover the benefits of CBD. There’s also a rise in popular consumer companies infusing their products with CBD, making the calming substance more accessible to more individuals. If you’ve been interested in trying CBD, consider educating yourself on what CBD is, the benefits of it, and the types of CBD products you can try.
What is CBD
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a type of cannabinoid, which is a chemical found in marijuana plants. CBD is typically extracted from cannabis sativa plants and mixed with hemp oil or infused in edibles or body care products. While CBD comes from a cannabis plant, it does not cause the euphoric effect experienced by using THC.
Uses of CBD
People use CBD for a variety of reasons. Common uses for CBD include:
- Anxiety– One of the most popular reasons people turn to CBD is for the calming effect to assist with anxiety symptoms. Studies show that CBD could treat acute anxiety disorders, including post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety, and generalized anxiety.
- Epilepsy– The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the CBD brand Epidiolex to treat seizures caused by two rare forms of epilepsy. Further research is underway to determine if other brands of CBD have the potential to treat different forms of epilepsy.
- Body pain and discomfort-Many people use lotions, gels, and rubs to ease mild discomfort and body pain. It’s also common among athletes to use CBD to soothe sore muscles.
- Stress– Similar to the effects of CBD on anxiety, many people find CBD to relieve mild levels of stress.
- Sleep– Since CBD can help relieve symptoms of stress and anxiety, some individuals have found CBD to help them fall asleep and stay asleep. One study found that nearly 65 percent of participants found CBD to improve their sleep.
While CBD offers plenty of benefits for acute conditions, it is crucial to understand that CBD is not a replacement treatment for chronic conditions. If you live with a severe anxiety disorder, have high-stress levels, suffer from seizure s, or intense pain, consult your doctor before starting a CBD regimen.
Types of CBD Products
You can experience the benefits of CBD in various forms. One of the most common ways to use CBD is through oils or tinctures, which you can take orally or place a few drops in your favorite beverage. You can also try CBD gummies. Edibles are incredible because there is no measuring, they’re discreet, and they taste good. You can also find tons of CBD-infused products such as salves and lotions for sore muscles or bath bombs to help you relax after a long day.
At Good Earth Organics, we offer top-quality, lab-tested CBD products at affordable prices. If you’d like to learn more about CBD and its potential benefits, visit our storefront in Little Rock or give us a call at 501-398-9868.